Understanding the effects of deforestation on the watershed is crucial to assessing the ecological health of a location and ultimately deciding on strategies and techniques to improve the place using Permaculture design. In this video, we once again revisit our watershed diagram to talk about the effects that deforestation has on the entire watershed.
- Intro to Permaculture: How Trees Affect the Watershed – Video Transcript
- Introdução a Permacultura: Como as Arvores Afetam as Bacias Hidrográficas – Tradução Português
Haiti’s Deforested Watershed
There’s no clearer example of the effects of deforestation then in the country of Haiti on the Island of Hispanola in the Caribbean Sea. In this video, we take a Google Earth tour where the patterns are clear. The land’s response to deforestation and it’s connection to soil erosion and flooding are stark in this impoverished nation.
- Intro to Permaculture: Effects of Deforestation in Haiti – Video Transcript
- Introdução a Permacultura: Efeitos do Desflorestamento no Haiti – Tradução Português
Permaculture Projects in Haiti
Do you want to help make a positive difference for the people of Haiti? The links below lead to Permaculture and reforestation projects supporting the health of the people and watersheds.
- My Hands and Heart in Haiti
- SOIL Haiti
- Take Permaculture to Haiti
- Sadhana Forest, Haiti
- Permaculture Disaster Relief in Haiti